Thursday, July 23, 2009

This week

Work wasn't the worst ever. This week was actually alright until the last night. For some reason, the city decides to explode and everyone shows up at the ER on the same night. The problem with this is that we have people waiting in the waiting room for eight hours before they are taken back to a room. Once they get to a room, they still have to wait to be seen by a doctor. This in turn makes the patients and their families fairly irritable, and they tend to take it out on the staff. Sadly, we can't control the fact that everyone in the city decided to take a visit to the ER, but people think it's our fault that the wait time is so long. It's all about having someone to blame I guess.

That's a pretty frustrating part about my job. I can only do so many things at one time, and it's the same for the other nurses and doctors I work with. I'm not the most skilled or knowledged person in my field. I'm still new and learning the processes and what works best for me. However, I believe I am still proficient in what I do. It simply feels like we don't get enough credit for what we put up with.

Enough of the complaining, that's gotta get old! Today was a good day. Nothing too exciting to post about, I'm just content with where God has put me in my life at this point.





Went to a wedding with Daniel a couple months ago. I caught the bouquet (...). Anyway, this was me. Daniel took the picture. I absolutely love this dress, btw. It's from anthropologie in the uptown shopping center. Great store. It's a bit pricey, but I love love love it.

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com